Monday, June 23, 2008

My Guilty Television Pleasures

The Bachelor/Bachelorette

This season's Bachelorette is DeAnna Pappas, and she's a cutie. I'm sure all you readers are laughing right now, but I do enjoy watching these two shows. I can back up why I watch them though, I like to see people make fools of themselves for beautiful people, and I also like to see women wearing bikinis. If that isn't good tv, I don't know what is.

The purpouse of these shows is for one person to weed out one person from a batch of 25 and get married. Now, thats all well and good, but it seems to me like these people on the show always pick the douchiest person of the batch as their better half. DeAnna was on the bachelor and the guy dumped her, so now she's back with a vengance jumping on all of the douchiest guys on the planet, then again DeAnna may look good, but I think that she has the personality of a dull rock.


Design Star

This is a show on the odder end of my vast array of tv taste. Design Star is on HGTV and the main premise is that 10 designers use their designs to compete against one another in an all out design battle. I tried to make that description sound like Mortal Kombat with paint sample fans to manly it up a little more.

This show is funny because 2 people always make it on...
1. The Cryer - Last season it was an overly emotional man that made me laugh with delight because almost anytime anyone said anything to him about his work he cried. This season it's some stuck up woman from Kentucky who cried five times last episode. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not, she cried five times.

2. The Outwardly Gay - There is always more than one in the group I'm sure, but there is ALWAYS one that stands out singing "Fabulous" in the crowd. Last season it was a guy named "Sparkle" Josh. This season it's a guy named Michael, who is quite funny. He called the crying woman from Kentucky "Mommy Dearest" one episode, I got a kick out of that.

Judge if you will, but these shows are entertaining as hell!

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Gay Michael could be Chris Elliot's "fabulous" gay younger brother.

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Design Star recap.

:)