Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Candy Discoveries

I walked the aisles of Walgreen's looking for something that would dull the aching throb in my sweet tooth I was surrounded by bags of brightly packaged candy wrappers. They were all the same though, giant econo-sized bags of Reece's or Snickers. I'm so tired of the same old thing. Don't get me wrong, you put a Reece's peanut butter cup in front of my face I'll forget my name, however that isn't what I was in the mood for this candy shopping spree. I wanted something sweet and sugary, and of course I wanted it to have novelty value to it.

I was not disappointed my friends, no no. Near the end of the candy aisle, way up on the top shelf were two single, slender black boxes sitting next to one another. One contained Ghoulish Gummy Hearts...


and the other Ghoulish Gummy Skulls....

At about 2 bucks a pop these macabre shaped candies are a bit pricey and not worth it. When I got home I tore into the Ghoulish Skull. It felt slimy, and my thumbprints were absorbed into the thick of it like a memory foam mattress. As I bit into it I felt my teeth scream for help as incredible amounts of sugar pounded the enamel of my teeth.

The skull had the consistency of Play-dough and tasted like cherry flavored Chapstick. My taste buds died a little with each bite of the skull I took. I managed to stomach the entire skull down, but would not recommend eating another, or a first, to anyone.

Now the heart was a similar story, only this had the added flavor of a hard, crunchy, black heart vein. Not good!

These candies were excellently molded to catch my eye, but I think that from now on I'll stick to the Kit-Kats and Almond Joy's of the world.

No comments: