Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Not Our Fault

Newsflash: We're in a recession. Don't listen to your local congressman, because we all know that the government lies, especially when it comes to economic situations (and aliens).

Wait, hang on a moment, let me get up here on this soap box.

Okay, back to business. Living in Michigan is quite possibly one of the most depressing things you can do right now. It has one of the highest murder rates, everyone scowls at you if you drive anything other than an 'American made' car, and the employment is probably the worst in the nation right now.

Now, I could begin my 'Bush bashing' and cite sources for you claiming that I knew all the answers on how to fix things, but I don't. That's why I'm not going to do that, because I am one of the many that has been and is being affected by the economy. This is a message to all of those who are in my shoes, I just wanted to let them know, it's not our fault.

It's not our fault that major 'American' companies have decided to outsource all of our work overseas. We are expensive and greedy, and sadly, a large majority of those people need those high wages so that they can buy fast food, but that rant is for another day.

It's not our fault that companies expect college to do all of their job training for them.

It is not our fault that these things have happened to the economy and that we are really suffering from it.

But you can't give up.

After working my shitty job at a video store, and then working for a short time as an IT consultant, I've found my passion in life. I've found that one thing that I love to do, that I can do anywhere, anytime. I've found something that I can do that will keep my spirits high and my mind busy. I urge everyone to find the same.

Sure, after a few months more on the job market things are looking rather hopeless in the 'career' field, but what I've found to do can be turned into a career if it's good enough. I've chosen writing as my career. Not writing on this blog, though I enjoy this as well, but writing novels/screenplays/articles. I will have to get a crummy job to keep my afloat for the time being, but its okay that I have to do that when everyone else I know has a 'career' job, because its not my fault.

So, to all those unemployed currently, or to those who are just now leaving college to enter into this mess of an economy...find your passion in life and pursue it, but know that if things don't work out currently...it's not your fault.

No comments: