Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So for all of you curious, I moved to Chicago. Why, you ask...well because I got myself a job. That's right 6 months of unemployment finally paid off with this job. It's a sales job, and I'm still getting my feet wet with it, but I really like it so far. The fact that it is in Chicago makes it even better because I get to ride the train (Metra) and see all the crazy sights. I seriously work right downtown. There are a ton of homeless people around here, and I feel awful for them...then they go and yell at their reflection in a window and I chuckle to myself. I mean c'mon how can you not? You don't wanna laugh at them too much or ignore them too much, I read this news report in the paper I read on the train in the morning and 2 homeless people beat up this lady and knocked like 14 of her teeth out. That's insane.

Enough homeless, I'm sure you're all asking yourself "but how is the city". Answer...excellent! Thats all you need to know for now. If you do come here just dont talk on your cell phone while driving downtown...you'll get a mondo ticket. I live on the outskirts of Chiacgo in a studio apt, pretty small, but perfect for my needs. So now you see why Movie Of The Week has been a tad neglected lately. Work and also because I get up at 4.45 every day of the week.

It was so refreshing to get out of Detroit. That is one big pit of depression...and the news reminds you every single half hour. Chicago may have similar problems but thankfully they aren't up on their high horse about it. Also, there is always room in sales. I like doing it so far, but then again I'm only like 7 days in. Not much else has been going on lately, I'm still getting my bearings here in Chicago...oh I did find George Halas' masoleum..that's in the cemetery right near my house. Wiki him if you don't know who he is...and if you live in Chicago and don't know who he is...shame on you!

Well I hope that everyone is well...and promise I will try and keep up on the Movie of the Week postings!

No comments: